Bulk installation is a handy approach to install and activate Visual Paradigm on multiple machines. It is specially designed for Visual Paradigm Academic Partner License users who need to setup Visual Paradigm on a considerable number of computers. This article will describe the procedures required for perform the bulk installation on Mac environment.
To perform bulk installation on Mac:
- Download Visual Paradigm software from your Academic Partner Portal and install it on any of your Mac machine.
- Copy the installed Visual Paradigm.app to the target machines in the Mac pool (i.e. copy to /Applications).
- Launch the copied Visual Paradigm.app and then shut it down once it is launched. You can shut it down as long as it showing any GUI.
- Download the ap_install_config.xml from your Academic Partner Portal and put it into /Applications/Visual Paradigm.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin.
- Download the app.zip, unzip it and put it into /Applications/Visual Paradigm.app/Contents/Resources/app/scripts. Rename it to app.sh.
- Open Terminal and navigate (using CD command) to /Applications/Visual Paradigm.app/Contents/Resources/app/scripts folder.
- Execute command chmod +x app.sh in Terminal.
- Execute command ./app.sh in Terminal.
- Login to your Academic Partner Portal as admin user once the execution complete without error.
- Click on the Users tab to approve the activation.
You can download the app.zip from here.