When import a project from VP Desktop client to repository (VP Online or on-premises Teamwork Server) it complains the project already exist, even the same named project already being deleted in repository…
Actually the project is successfully imported to repository and the complaint is not in the repository side, but from your local workspace. In this situation probably your local workspace you got a same named local copy exist. This blocking the checkout of the project from repository. To solve this problem:
- Go to Team > Utilities > Open Teamwork Client.
- Press Manage Project button.
- You should see a same named project showing on the right hand side list. Select it and press the left arrow button to remove it.
- Close the Manage Project dialog.
- Close Teamwork Client dialog.
- Go to Project > Open > VP Teamwork Server / VP Online.
- Select the project and press Open button.
Now the project is being checked out to your local workspace.