The Event-Based Gateway represent a branching point in business process where the alternative path being executed based on the events that occur. The Event-Based Gateway can be in Exclusive type of Parallel type. To create parallel event based gateway in business process diagram in Visual Paradigm:
- Select Event-Based Exclusive Decision/Merge (XOR) gateway from diagram palette and put it into diagram, or right click on an existing gateway and select Type > Event-Based Exclusive Decision/Merge (XOR) from popup menu.
- Right click on the gateway and select Open Specification.
- Select Parallel in Event gateway type.
- Select Instantiate in the specification dialog.
- Press OK to confirm the change.