Overloading methods is a very important technique in object-oriented modeling. It offer the ability to create multiple operations of same name with different implementations. In Visual Paradigm you can overload the operations simply from its specification dialog. To overload the operation:
- Right click on a class and select Open Specification from the popup menu.
- Switch to Operations tab and select the operation which you wish to overload.
- Press the Overload button, and a new Operation Specification dialog will be showing.
- You can now define the specification of the overloading operation, such as changing the parameter types.
- When finish, press OK to close the Operation Specification dialog, and the overloading operation will be showing in both the specification dialog of the class as well as in diagram.