A pool in business process modeling notation is representing a participant in a collaboration. A pool can present as a container and showing the detail of its process, or present as a black box. If the pool is associated with participant it can then further specify its multiplicity. To create black box pool with multi-instance participant:
- Right click on the pool and select Black Box from popup menu.
- Right click on the pool again and select Open Specification.
- Select Create Participant under Participant.
- Specify the name of the participant.
- Select Participant Multiplicity in Multiplicity.
- Specify the Minimum and Maximum values.
- Press OK to close the Participant Specification dialog and Pool Specification dialog.
Now the pool will show with multiplicity participant mark.