Visual Paradigm Online and the on-premises Teamwork Server support integrate with Active Directory using Visual Paradigm’s DS Connector to perform user authentication. During setup you can select the users from your Active Directory to join your VP Online/Teamwork Server. Some users may experience a problem that they can only list out the first 1000 users from Active Directory, where users out of this range cannot be select. This is caused by Active Directory by default only allow query on 1000 objects, which means you can only list out 1000 users in DS Connector. In this article we will show you how to adjust the query limit in your Active Directory to solve this problem.
- Right click on the command prompt shortcut on the machine holding your Active Directory, and select Run as administrator.
- Enter NTDSUTIL and press Enter key.
- Enter ldap policies in ntdsutil: prompt.
- Enter connect to server <FQDN of domain controller> in the server connection: prompt.
- Enter q to go back to ldap policy: prompt after establish the connection.
- Enter show values will then show you the current value for the administration limit, including the MaxPageSize.
- Enter set MaxPagesize to <value> to increase the number of objects to query (maximum 30,000).
- Enter Show Changes to see the changes.
- Once the change is confirmed, enter commit changes to confirm the change.
Now DS Connector will allow to query number of users up to the limit you specified.