VPository is a cloud-based collaboration platform provided by Visual Paradigm. VPository allow software teams to store and share Visual Paradigm projects with team members. Software teams who subscribed to VPository are granted a company-wide domain where project can be stored. When you upgrade your Visual Paradigm client to new version, your VPository needs to follow. But don’t worry, you don’t need to get your hands dirty for the upgrade as Visual Paradigm Support Team do it for you. All you need to do is send us the request. In this article we will show you how to request for upgrade for your VPository.
Usually the upgrade request is triggered from the Teamwork Client dialog of Visual Paradigm (i.e. prompt for login when trying to access your VPository):
- Once your Visual Paradigm was upgraded to newer version you probably will see the message below.
- Visit your VPository using web browser and press the Login button at the top right corner of the page.
- Login to your VPository.
- Once you logged in, select Manage VPository from popup menu in the top right of the admin portal.
- When you arrive to the admin portal, press the Upgrade button to request upgrade of your VPository.
- If you are the owner of your VPository you will then prompted by a confirmation dialog. The dialog tell you that you have to make sure all the users on your will be upgrade to same version once your VPository was being upgraded. Press Continue to proceed.
- Now the upgrade of your VPository is being scheduled, and you will receive notification email once the upgrade is done. Press Continue to go back and you will see the button now changed to Upgrade Pending.
- Once the upgrade was completed you will receive notification email from us, and your VPository is now ready for the new version of Visual Paradigm.
What if you are not the owner of your VPository?
If you not the owner of your VPository you will then be prompted for lack of permission to proceed the upgrade. You can contact the administrator of your VPository (showing in dialog) helps you to proceed the upgrade.
Why my Teamwork Client is not ask me to login VPository to perform upgrade?
This is because your VPository is older than version 13.0. In this case please press the Send Upgrade Request to Support Team link in Teamwork Client to open up the support form.
And then press the Submit button to submit your upgrade request.
Why I don’t see the Upgrade button in my VPository?
This is either your VPository is already in latest version, or your VPository is older than version 13.0. If you are not running in latest version then please send us a message for the upgrade request. You can send us the upgrade request at https://www.visual-paradigm.com/support/